Polycube are the Polyethylene Bag is a revolutionary system assisting in the bitumen transport. It provides a cost efficient alternative to Bitumen drums. The Polyethylene bags are capable of holding up to 350 kg of bitumen. We know them also as Jumbo bag 300 kg.
Advantages over the steel drums:
- In general the waste which remains in drums accounts for 3-4%, with Polyethylene Bag bags there is no residual waste;
- The packaging does not pollute the environment, as drums are hard to recycle and re-sell, especially for projects where the Bitumen melt distantly from the port at deep inland locations.
- The system is easy for shipping and storing;
- Bitumen deliver and melt at a convenient location;
- The cost of labour is lower;
- Due to more efficient heating (only the bitumen heat and not the drum), carbon emissions reduce;
- By using and melting bitumen only when need, the constant energy consumption to keep bitumen heat avoid, which results again in lower carbon emissions;
- In spite of cold shipment of the cargo across the world, saving of more carbon emissions in comparison to bulk shipments, which requires constant heating during ocean voyages