The companies usually use the Viscosity Grade Bitumen (Asphalt) is a standard grade Bitumen as a Paving Grade Bitumen suitable for road construction and for the production of asphalt pavements with superior properties.
Also The usage of this grade of Bitumen is mainly in the manufacture of hot mix asphalt for bases and wearing courses, and possesses characteristics and qualities unique sand quite different from other agents. Also They achieve very flexible, and tenacious connections with other materials due mainly to visco elastic response of bitumen, which behavior depends on how fast charges are applied.
Furthermore The manufacturer supply the viscosity Grade Bitumen as petroleum grade bitumen that make it from fractional, vacuum distillation of crude oil, which practical appliance and behavior varies according to its temperature.
Moreover Viscosity Grade bitumens are specified by the methods described in ASTM Standard D3381-09 and AASHTO M226-80 (2008). Viscosity Graded specifications covers bitumen (asphalt) graded by Viscosity at 60 C (140 °F).
There are two methods of grading
However Viscosity grade bitumens have a thermoplastic property which causes the material to soften at high temperatures and to harden at lower temperatures.
Furthermore this unique temperature/ viscosity relationship is important when determining the performance parameters, such as the adhesion, rheology, durability and application temperatures of bitumen. In addition, In the Viscosity Grade Bitumen, specifications further special emphasizes on the Bitumen ductility.
Advantage of Viscosity Grade Bitumen
1. Unlike penetration grades, same viscosity grade bitumen gave a similar rutting performance in hot weather.
2. We retain Minimum penetration values in the viscosity grading system to maintain acceptable performance (in terms of resistance to fatigue cracking) at the yearly average service temperature of 25˚C.
3. Minimum specified values of kinematic viscosity at 135˚C helped to minimize the potential of tender mixes during construction.
Other Advantages of Viscosity Grade Bitumen
– Minimum specified penetration at 25˚C and the minimum specified kinematic viscosity at 135˚C established the maximum allowable temperature susceptibility (slope of temperature versus stiffness line).
– Viscosity grade bitumen were suitable for a wide range of temperatures: 25˚C for raveling/fatigue cracking; 60˚C for rutting; and 135˚C for construction. Temperature susceptibility (the change in asphalt binder rheology with temperature) can be somewhat determined because we measure viscosity at three different temperatures (penetration only is measured at 25°C).
– Since we measure the viscosity values at two temperatures, bitumen suppliers could provide to the users rational. And accurate asphalt mixing and compaction temperatures (corresponding to bitumen viscosity of 170 and 280 centistokes, respectively).
Application of Viscosity Grade Bitumen (Asphalt)
Viscosity Grade Bitumen (Asphalt) is a standard grade Bitumen usually used as a Paving Grade Bitumen suitable for road construction and for the production of asphalt pavements with superior properties. This grade of Bitumen mainly use in the manufacture of hot mix asphalt for bases and wearing courses and possesses characteristics and qualities unique sand quite different from other agents. Moreover They achieve very flexible and tenacious connections with other materials due mainly to viscoelastic response of bitumen. Which behavior depends on how fast charges we apply.
We supply Viscosity Grade Bitumen from petroleum grade bitumen, manufactured from fractional / vacuum distillation of crude oil, which practical appliance and behavior vary according to its temperature. Also Globally Bitumen produce this grade of Bitumen from the vacuum residue (short residue) feedstock. Also we specify the Viscosity Grade bitumens by the methods described in ASTM Standard D3381–09 and AASHTO M226-80 (2008). Viscosity Grade specifications cover bitumen (asphalt) grade by Viscosity at 60 C (140 °F).
As a result Standard Viscosity Grade Bitumen Binders include:
RTFOT Viscosity Grade Bitumen Binders include: